Would you like to add more daylight to your home? Would you like to enjoy the beauty of your landscaping? Would you like to be able to extend your living space by simply opening a door? Then a replacement sliding glass door might be just what you’re looking for. Sliding glass doors not only offer a beautiful, expansive view of your property, they also fill your room with natural light in the day, creating an illusion of a larger space. Replacement sliding glass doors offer you the best of both worlds.
- Beautiful Natural Light: Unlike small windows and traditional doors, sliding glass doors offer floor to ceiling glass that allows beautiful natural light to fill the room. Natural light creates the illusion of a bigger, more open space. Whether the doors are open or closed, the homeowner is connected to the outdoor space and can enjoy the beautiful view of their property. On days that weather permits, sliding glass doors can be open wide to let fresh air and breezes inside the home.
- An Extension of Living Space: A replacement sliding glass door is a home upgrade and accommodates convenient use of the outdoor living area. Whether the home has a small porch or a more elaborate patio or deck, a sliding glass door will remove the “either inside or outside” separation of the home. The sliding glass door creates an extension of the living space and encourages the homeowner to use the outdoor space just as much as the indoor space.
- Energy Efficiency: Installing a replacement sliding glass door to your home can help reduce annual energy bills. They feature weather stripping, thermal insulation and sound barriers. There are also tax rebates for home improvements like sliding glass doors that meet the energy star rating requirements.
- Stylish and Beautiful: A replacement sliding glass door is right on trend and can increase the value of your home. Buyers appreciate homes that are kept up to date with modern features. Even the oldest home can look more appealing with sliding glass doors added to dining rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, and other spaces.
- Space Saver: Sliding glass doors don’t take up as much space as a traditional swinging door. Since they open and close using track rollers and go along the wall, the doors don’t get in the way like a traditional door that uses hinges and takes up space in the room. This is extremely helpful in a smaller patio or dining room where space is limited.
- Easy, Convenient Access: Sliding glass doors don’t need a doorknob or clumsy latches to unhook and hook. They open and close by sliding effortlessly along a track (as mentioned above). This makes it much easier to move from inside to outside, especially for entertaining.