Are you dealing with a cracked or missing tooth that is impacting how you smile? Are you constantly trying to hide your teeth when you talk or laugh? Dealing with a less-than-spectacular smile can have a significant impact on your self-confidence.
Dental implants are an excellent option for those wanting to repair their teeth and create a beautiful smile. If you need convincing that it’s time to talk to your dentist about getting a new dental implant, the following are five benefits you need to know about.
1) Dental implants look just like your regular teeth. They’re not like dentures which tend to be uniform in size. Dental implants blend in with your natural teeth because they’ve been custom made for your mouth.
2) Dental implants don’t require special treatment like dentures. You don’t have to take your dental implants out to clean them, and you don’t have to soak them overnight in a glass in your bathroom. You can show off your natural smile regardless of the time of day or night and don’t have to worry that someone might see you without your teeth.
3) Dental implants help you restore your bite force. With a broken, chipped, or missing tooth, the power of your bite is often diminished. With a brand-new dental implant in place, you are free to chomp down on anything from apples to a tasty steak.
4) Dental implants also help you maintain your regular jaw bone structure. Your teeth aren’t over-compensating for a missing tooth, and you’re not altering your bite pattern to only chew on one side of your mouth.
5) If a damaged tooth has impacted your smile, a dental implant can help restore your pearly white grin. You’ll feel confident smiling again and won’t have to worry that others are staring at your broken, missing, or damaged tooth.
These are just five of the many benefits of dental implants. Speak with your trusted dental professional to better understand whether dental implants are an option to restore your smile to its original glory.
About Dr. Patrick Williams:
Dr. Patrick Williams is a general dentist with a remarkably diverse skillset. A graduate of the University of Florida College of Dentistry, he has never stopped learning throughout 17 years of practice. Dr. Williams is certified in cutting-edge dental technologies, maintaining fellowships in such prestigious organizations as the Academy of General Dentistry and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, among others.
Dr. Patrick Williams around the web: