When it comes to determining the best shrink-wrap film for shrink wrap machines many people and companies can often get confused, not knowing which the best films are based on their individual needs and requirements. Because of this one company within the shrink-wrap industry, Sontex, have updated their website explaining some of the most popular shrink films and their qualities on their website. Today we are here to list some of these shrink-wrap films, with the ultimate intention of enabling as many businesses in the UK as possible to choose the most suitable shrink-wrapping films for their individual applications.
SPO Polyolefin Shrinkwrap Film for L-sealers
- Our SPO Polyolefin shrink wrap film is a low cost, strong, high clarity, multi-layer material which enables thinner gauges to be used while maintaining excellent pack integrity.
- Centre folded polyolefin shrinkwrap film for use on chamber type shrink wrap machines and Automatic L-sealer and tunnel systems with trim waste wind
- Produces a presentation quality wrap with excellent optical clarity.
- 15 micron and 19 micron available for next day delivery
- 25 micron available on request.
- Stock widths from 200/400mm to 800/1600mm
- Environmentally friendly and recyclable
Sealed Air Cryovac Polyolefin Shrink Films
- Micro-layered high performance shrink films based on the Sealed Air patented and awarded micro-layered technology platform Cryovac® CT films.
- Increased uptime and higher productivity with longer reel lengths and low shrink energy.
- Excellent clarity and optics for improved retail appeal.
- Very strong sealing, high impact strength and greater tear resistance for pack integrity.
- The most reliable Polyolefin film for chamber shrink wrap machines
- Pre perforated available from stock
PVC Shrink Film for L-sealers
- PVC shrinkwrap film is a high clarity, general-purpose material for presentation packaging.
- Suitable for use on chamber type shrinkwrap machines (PVC is the best choice for these types of machines) and L-sealer and shrink tunnel systems.
- Our PVC shrink wrapping film has been specially developed as a presentation quality wrap with good clarity and is approved for direct food contact. It also meets all the latest, stringent REACH directives.
- 40% shrink ratio as standard (lower shrink ratios available on request)
- Widths range from 200/400mm to 850/1700mm
Polythene Shrinkwrap Film
- Polythene shrink films produce strong, secure packs at an inexpensive price, making it ideal for transit wrapping
- Single wound polythene shrinkwrap film for Sleeve sealers and centre folded Polythene film for L-sealers all available from stock for next day delivery
- Produces a strong transit quality wrap.
- Opaque option ensures security.
- Single Wound Polythene film in 50 micron, and widths 250mm to 650mm available ex-stock.
- Centre folded Polythene shrink film in 38 micron, and widths 250/500mm to 750/1500mm available ex-stock.
- Other thicknesses and widths, opaque, coloured and micro-perforated films available on request
Polypropylene film for L-sealers and flow wrappers
- A non-shrink film with excellent optical clarity, high puncture resistance and is suitable for use with food. Commonly referred to as Bakery Film
- This is an ideal film for flow wrapping and bakery L-sealing.
- Suitable for use on flow wrappers (single wound) and L-sealers
- Water repellent, with low water vapour permeability.
- High seal integrity.
- Excellent slip characteristics.
- Resistant to low temperatures
- Available from stock multi perforated as used for packing baguettes for example.